ome early success against the Rockies this season. In two st | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
q123
q123 May 15
TORONTO -- LeBron James?says he has no interest in discussing Phil Jacksons posse comments directed at the four-time MVP and his business associates should he cross paths with the New York Knicks president when the Cleveland Cavaliers play at Madison Square Garden this week. Nike Tn Shoes Cheap .No, James said flatly after the Cavs 112-108 win over the Toronto Raptors on Monday when asked whether he would entertain a conversation with Jackson when Cleveland plays the Knicks on Wednesday.When asked to reflect on the discussion that his response to Jackson prompted, James brought up the racial undertones that he believed were part of Jacksons posse characterization.Didnt affect me, just know how much further we still have to go and how far we still have to go as African-Americans, even in the light of today, James said. For me, Ive built my career on and off the floor on the utmost respect, and Ive always given the utmost respect to everyone -- all my peers, people thats laid the path for me and laid the path for coaches, players, things of that nature.Ive always given respect to them, and its always, like I told you before, its always shade thrown on me, so. It means we got a lot more work to do, myself and the team. Weve got to continue to protect each other and continue to just be as great as we can be.James added that the comments wouldnt affect how he approaches the Knicks game.No, James said. My only mindset is to get our guys ready and execute the game plan. I got a job to do every night and thats to lead this group, and Ill do that.James and business partner Maverick Carter slammed Jackson last month for what they perceived was an intended slight by the 11-time championship coach when he retold a story about James days with the Miami Heat in an interview with ESPNs Jackie MacMullan.It had to hurt when they lost LeBron, Jackson said. That was definitely a slap in the face. But there were a lot of little things that came out of that. When LeBron was playing with the Heat, they went to Cleveland, and he wanted to spend the night. They dont do overnights. Teams just dont. So now [coach Erik] Spoelstra has to text [Pat] Riley and say, What do I do in this situation? And Pat, who has iron-fist rules, answers: You are on the plane. You are with this team. You cant hold up the whole team because you and your mom and your posse want to spend an extra night in Cleveland.I always thought Pat had this really nice vibe with his guys. But something happened there where it broke down. I do know LeBron likes special treatment. He needs things his way. Nike Air Max Plus Tn Ultra Burgundy . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Nike Air Max Plus Tn Ultra Blue . LOUIS -- St. http://www.niketnultraplus.com/ . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. DENVER -- Carlos Gonzalez was confident he wouldnt miss any extended time after suffering a sprained left ankle Wednesday night.Sure, its painful, he says. Its nothing compared to the ache his team would feel without him, though.Gonzalez homered twice before leaving the game with what looked like a bad sprain in the Rockies 12-2 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers.Gonzalez had his 19th multi-homer game of his career with Nos. 22 and 23 this season. He was then forced to exit the game in the bottom of the seventh after rolling his ankle in the batters box.Gonzalezs prognosis: I wont be out.I hope that tomorrow I will feel a little bit better, he added. If I feel a little bit better, itll be good enough to play. Just tape it and go out there and have fun with my team.Nolan Arenado, Mark Reynolds and DJ LeMahieu also went deep in Colorados 11th win in 13 games that moved it above the .500 mark for the first time since May 18.The Rockies latest streak has them within three games of the second NL wild card, with three teams between them and St. Louis. Gonzalez missing any substantial amount of time would hamper any postseason hopes -- especially since rookie shortstop Trevor Story (thumb) was already lost for the remainder of the season.Its been fun, Gonzalez said. Its fun when you get wins. We are playing good baseball right now.Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw was moved to the 60-day disabled list earlier in the day, and right-hander Louis Coleman (shoulder fatigue) and left-hander Adam Liberatore were also placed on the DL -- giving Los Angeles an NL-record 25 players put there this season.Arenado made things worse for the Dodgers from there, hitting a three-run home run to spark a five-run first inning off starter Brock Stewart (0-2). Reynolds added a two-run blast put the Rockies ahead 5-2.Later, LeMahieu and Gonzalez homered as part of a four-run fifth. Gonzales went deep again in the sixth.I am frustrated, Stewart said. The bullpen session bbefore the game was great. Nike Tn Shoes 2018. Everything was working and then everything stayed flat during the game.It was a rough night, thats for sure.Tyler Anderson (4-3), meanwhile, allowed two runs in seven innings for Colorado. He struck out six and walked two. His lone blemish came in the first inning when Justin Turner hit a two-run home run.Anderson has been outstanding, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. Hes a pretty amazing story when you think about it. Not pitching at all a year ago. He showed up at the big league level hitting the ground level. Hes given us a quality start every time out.SCOREBOARD WATCHING(This is) when the fun starts, Weiss said of the wild-card race. This is time of year where you get to watch the scoreboard and youre paying attention to the other games. Theres that focus and emphasis on your game every night, to win every night. Thats fun.Its a lot easier showing up to the ballpark under those circumstances.TRAINERS ROOMDodgers: Kershaw (back) wont be eligible to return until Aug. 27 at the earliest. ... LHP Rich Hill (hand) threw around 50 pitches in a bullpen session Wednesday. He looked real good and executed all his pitches, Roberts said. ... RHP Bud Norris threw a bullpen session and could make his next start this weekend.Rockies: SS Story (thumb) will undergo surgery Thursday in Denver. Story suffered a torn ulnar collateral ligament in Saturdays win over the Mets.UP NEXTDodgers: RHP Kenta Maeda (9-7, 3.23 ERA) has had some early success against the Rockies this season. In two starts against Colorado, the Japanese pitcher has allowed just one run and struck out 17 in 13 innings.Rockies: RHP Tyler Chatwood (10-6, 3.50 ERA) has allowed just one run and four hits in his previous two starts. Less impressive is the fact that he also gave up 12 walks in 12 innings during those starts. ' ' ' 
Share: